Monday, May 23, 2011

Procrastination always pays off?

No, not all the time. But a vast majority of the time- yes. I really didn't expect myself to write this last blog post, but as it turns out, the Tampa-Boston game didn't go to overtime. Therefore, I am left with some extra time on my hands. If this had occurred a couple weeks ago, I probably would've used this time to finish up a project I had been saving forth following morning. However, there is essentially nothing left to do so I am now frantically trying to type up this final blog post on the minuscule keyboard provided by my iPod (if this doesn't get submitted on time I'd like to sue Apple). The fact that one make-up blog post is so alluring surprises me, considering how I would need several makeups to actually improve my blog grade. Perhaps it is the lesson I learned from a friend that has motivated me to do this. "procrastination always pays off" is what he told me. Initially, I misinterpreted this wisdom and simply refrained from doing any work at all. However, I soon realized that you can only procrastinate up until a certain point. Then, it is necessary to shed all apathy and take a business like approach to the issue. I found that a lot of enjoyment can be had out of this. The exhilarating feeling of racing against the clock, the suspense of not knowing if it can be done, and the challenge of those who doubt that you can do it. So at the base of all I learned in high school is the art of procrastinating-not only that, but the art of procrastinating effectively.
A perfect example of procrastination methods at their finest occurred while I was preparing to give my last lecture. I simply could not get myself to sit down and put more than 10min at a time into that thing. Perhaps the knowledge that i had secured a 95 on the final deterred me from putting in additional effort. Somehow, I managed to finish writing my last lecture. I wasn't to impressed with it, but then again I hate to talk about myself/my personal life so I really stuck to the generic and basic facts. If I could do it all again though, I would definitely stress the importance of procrastination. You can't just do work all the time, gotta have some free time in the mix as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment